Re: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
mghirsch SEZ -
> You will not hurt the engine bynot installing the emissions controls.  The
> early controls were not only troublesome, they were ineffective.  A properly
> tuned B, without emissions, often burns cleaner than a B with emisions.

What about the air pump?  I've always heard that it significantly
reduced emissions and actually added a couple horsepower to boot.
It was only when we got into the 1970s that the US government began
shaving away smaller and smaller emissions improvements with greater
and greater negative effects on the car's efficiency, until the late
70s when it seemed like efficient performance cars were gone for good.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)