Re: Emissions controls, or their lack of

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emissions controls, or their lack of
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:35:33 -0700
Responding to the comment about horsepower, I believe it is generally
assumed that the air pump consumes horsepower, as does any belt-driven
accessory (alternator, water pump, power steering pump, supercharger). The
combustion of hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream would not generate any
additional power to compensate.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149