Re: Performance Coatings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Performance Coatings
From: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:09:31 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

My Major Engine Kit and Head Kit from Bob of Brit-Tek just got in. Thank you
again to those who gave their advice.

While in the machine shop, I was offered ceramic and other high performance
coatings for piston tops, combustion chambers and valves. They also were trying
to sell me exhaust ceramic coatings, thermal dispersants for my radiator and
brake calipers, solid film lubricants for pistons, oil pump gears and my rear
end tranny.

Given that I plan to do hill climbs and 10 lap (club type) vintage races about
5 times a year, should I consider any of these offers?

I have my apprehensions.

Martin