Re: Turbocharging - general

To: jello@ida.net
Subject: Re: Turbocharging - general
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:37:14 -0600
   Yup,  I had one of the things for several years.  Ran well on the
highway if you could keep the exhaust seals from blowing out.  The
Carter sidedraft carb had several issues.  The most troublesome was ging
lean under hard cornering.

   Buik and Olds had turbocharger options on the aluminum 215 CID V8.
In this case they had the carb in a pressurized box with a waste gate to
control overpressure.  Never drove one of those.

   CR