Re: MGB questions

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:30:25 -0000
If it has no slop, the vanes aren't corroded, and it turns freely without
squeaking you should be OK.

The circuit diagram doesn't show a ground wire to the North American sender
after 72, but UK cars still had them until 76 when the later sender with the
integral fuel pipe was used in all markets.  Can't see any other changes
which would mean the North American sender didn't need a ground wire while
the UK did.  Without a ground wire the sender ground must have a good
connection to the *body* ground, via the tank, for it to work properly, and
a good paint job can prevent this.  If the gauge works with everything
bolted together then fine, but if any corrosion develops i.e. in a daily
driver it may fail in time.  Since the sender ground only goes back to the
number plate bolt in the boot with the others it is no big deal to provide
one and be sure.

PaulH.