Re: Looking for a cylinder head...

To: Harold Pulcher <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for a cylinder head...
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:44:08 -0700
I believe I have one but I'm posting to the list so someone can pipe in on
whether it is the correct head or not. When I bought my 71BGT, the car came
with what was later described as an Austin Marina motor. That means it was
still a standard 18V block, a higher number, and a crankshaft with narrower
pilot bushing hole, single timing chain, etc. I have since replaced the
engine but I used the head until I removed it from my 71BGT two years ago.
The head was for a later 18V engine and has an outlet for a water line that
would go the ZS carb choke. Would this head be the one you need? It is in
good working condition but was last rebuilt in 1983 and then used heavily
for 19 years so a valve job would be prudent but not absolutely necessary.

David