Re: Camshaft timing offset

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Camshaft timing offset
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:22:48 -0800
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:21:41PM -0600, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>   Will you be able to get at the adjustment without having to dismantle
> any of the blower drive components?

Good point. It would require removing the belt and the idler
pulley. This would still be a lot less effort than removing that and
everything else that I'd have to, to change a timing adjustment key.

My question is, when running with a custom cam grind, how likely am I
to need to adjust the cam timing.

I suspect that a fancy cover that would make it easier to change the
cam timing is solving a problem that doesn't exist. That is why I'm
asking the list.

--
                   Girling is not a verb.