Re: HS6

To: Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:00:15 -0600
Larry Pitts wrote:

> With the cold weather, the choke on my zenith carb on my 76 B has
> become predictably useless. The car has gone from my commuter ( about
> 650 miles a week ) to taking up space in my driveway. I'd like to
> replace my zenith with a  single HS6 SU . Have any lister done this
> swap? Does anyone have info on the appropriate needle and piston
> spring combination? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a HIF6 (1.75") SU on the Cooper S. It's pretty souped up and the
carb is just perfect for the application. As a guess, If I were setting
up a B, I think I would want a pair of these.

My own experts of choice for needles and springs are Demon Tweeks in the
UK. They have produced literal miracles in predicting exactly what I
would need from a description of the displacement, cam and intake and
exhaust systems.

-Rock
--
Tulsa LIBERTYFEST, Dec. 21st, 2003: http://www.tulsalibertyfest.com