Re: Classic Motorsports mag on the MGB GT

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic Motorsports mag on the MGB GT
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:34:05 +1030
Hans Duinhoven wrote:

> Still rather cheap compared with the European prices:
> My BGT has been valued for insurance a few months ago for EURO 10,500.00 =
> $ 13,000.00.....

The GT is always a few thousand dollars cheaper than a roadster in
Australia, especially if you buy one leading into Summer.  It seems
people don't want to drive a closed-top little car in 100F+ degrees.

They might change their minds if they had to sit in traffic with that
hot sun beating down upon their heads for a while :-)

I would love a GT as a "second" 'B - but as I can't afford all the work
I keep doing to the "first" 'B (and now the Rover) then I guess I will
have to wait until that lottery win!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII