OD Tranny Shipping

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD Tranny Shipping
From: William T Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:36:48 -0500
Thanks, list, for all of your replies on my Gearbox shipping inquiry. At
the request of several who replied, I will offer this gearbox for sale on
the list. I wasn't sure if selling parts or cars on the list was kosher,
but here goes. Forgive me if this is not appropriate.

This is an MGB LH type Overdrive gearbox that I purchased 3 years ago
with the intent of using it in my '72 BGT restoration. I purchased it in
"as is" condition with a report that it was working properly when the
engine was removed from the car for use in an MGA. The engine that it was
fitted to was an early 18GB, therefore, a chunk of the bell housing on
the gearbox had been removed to accomodate the larger starter on that
early engine. I took the gearbox to a client of mine who runs a
transmission shop who covered the defect for me with a piece of sheet
aluminum. He said that it should in no way affect the function of the
tranny, but the shield would prevent debris from entering the bell
housing. The gearbox has been cleaned externally but has not been opened.
We tested the electric solenoid and it is functional. It has been stored
while properly filled with 20-50 motor oil.

I am asking $400 for this gearbox plus actual shipping, which is what I
have invested in the tranny. I assume it to be functional but cannot
guarantee functionality. Please contact me for more info or pictures. I
had intended to put this tranny in my '72 BGT restoration project, but
have decided to sell and look for an MGA.

I am also planning to put up for sale my newly restored '72 BGT, flame
red (new paint/clear coat) with red/black interior: $4500......to fund
the MGA project.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC
'66 MGB