Cam Timing

Subject: Cam Timing
From: "Ross Bateman" <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:01:52 +0200
Hi

Well finally get out of the workplace for my Christmas break today. Going to
try and get the 68B motor back together while I have the time.

I am waiting on a new cam and should pick it up next week.

I purchased a Vernier Timing Gear and degree gauge over the weekend. Will
spend some time with the crank and degree gauge tonight finding TDC.

My question is how do I time the new Cam?
I have been told to set it at 106 degrees. The Timing Gear has got markings
on, do I just install the Vernier gear central degree mark to the mark on
the crank gear as if it was the standard cam and timing gear and then adjust
from there. What degree would the cam be at if it was all central?

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Thanks,

Ross