Mixed emotions

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mixed emotions
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:13:11 -0500
Hello Friends,

Today is a day of mixed emotions.  Please let
me explain.

Crazed kids entered our neighborhood a few
weeks ago and damaged a number of cars.  They
have done this before and as I have a number of
cars, I am a target.  They cut the top of my
convertible C4 Corvette ... my daily driver.
$800 later I had a new top but I couldn't leave
to car out nights any more.  I just couldn't take
the risk.  Something had to give.

In the short term, my wife parked her car out
side so I could put the rag-top indoors at night.
But that was only a temporary solution.  My
project car had to go to  make room.  That is how
I became once again, an MG owner.

I traded my 1970 Lotus Europa restoration
project for a restored and beautiful, I might add,
'76 Midget.  You may have seen the pictures.  The
goal was to sell the project but that was
all but impossible except to another fanatic, like
me.  Fortunately, I found one but he had no money.  We traded cars.  The
Europa will
be restored over the winter.  However, that did
not lessen the angst at seeing the car leave this
evening.   For years I had wanted a Lotus and once
I got one, I lost it ... thanks to some crap kids
with nothing better to do that destroy other
people's property.

So the conflict, the ambivalence, is that I am
saddened to loose the Europa but elated at the
condition and performance of the Midget.  What a
complex and confusing world we have...

With best regards,

Rick
'76 Midget ... and no Europas