OT: Any 80's Jaguar owners/drivers out there?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: OT: Any 80's Jaguar owners/drivers out there?
From: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:51:51 -0500
Hello,
I've sold my truck (insert serious mixed feelings here) and have been
driving my 1974 MGB to work everyday in the Chattanooga, TN area. While
I'm willing to continue this as long as needed, the city admins see fit
to salt the roads in the event of ice or snow. This hasn't happened, but
winter has scarce begun here and I can just hear my MG screaming at me
while being driven on salty roads. I want to get something a little
different to replace the truck. I've found an 83 Jaguar XJ6 at a used
car lot. Like many of its breed, it has a few issues, and they're asking
quite a bit more than what it's really worth in the KBB. I thought this
would make a fun and interesting vehicle.
I ask that anyone who has experience/ideas on the subject to please
contact me by private email as to avoid bombing the list.
Thank you,
-Bill Killeffer