Re: Shipping item from Canada

To: mgman71@verizon.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping item from Canada
From: DEVierling@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:28:09 EST
George,
You'll need to find a freight forwarder who ships internationally.  Check
your phone book.  I'd advise getting at least 3 or 4 quotes.  The big thing is
always the customs and duties for the value of the item you are shipping.  If
it
has no value, you can get close to paying just the freight charges.  (Note:
Insurance value has to equal customs value, so if you want it insured, there's
no under cutting the value to save a few $$$) In the USA any large van-lines
broker would be able to handle it, but I'm not sure how it works in Canada.
Where are you located?  I can ask the broker I use at work.
Good Luck!
donny v