Re: Spark Plugs

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spark Plugs
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:31:27 -0000
Originally N5 but N9Y from early 63 although this didn't apply to North
America until possibly 67.  So strictly for concourse it's N5 or nothing if
it was original equipment.  If you look long enough you might find a set to
use for judging only, and RN9Y, RN9YC, RN9YCC etc. for running ... if you
intend to use it as well.  However a few years ago I had three out of a set
of four Champions with a different ceramic profile snap at the insulator at
their first service for a gap check having never broken a plug since about
1968.  Since then I have used Bosch or NGK.

PaulH.