Re: Electrical Noise

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical Noise
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:59:17 -0000
Resistive leads or caps usually suppress audible ignition noise on radios
etc., resistor plugs are to suppress high-frequency interference that might
affect electronics more sophisticated than used in the standard tach.
Google shows one site having the Autolite 275 as a replacement for a
Champion L92YC, which *isn't* a resistor plug AFAIK.  Aftermarket
electronic ignition systems frequently cause problems with the earlier
current-operated tachs used in the MGB to the end of the 72 model year, less
so with the voltage operated tachs used after that.  My early 70s electronic
ignition came with a module for the tach, to be used if it didn't work
properly.