Re: Hub Assembly not seating right

To: "Paul Hunt (T)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Hub Assembly not seating right
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:14:13 +0100
Right so Paul,

Not packing before finding the correct endfloat is best.
Problem might be the shims don't remain at their place.
This can be tackled easily by add lots of motor oil to the shims, so these
will stick to their spot.
After finding the correct shim pack, the shims can be cleaned from the oil
remains and the bearing can be packed.

Good luck Bert!

Cheers,

Hans