Re: Carb Swap Success

To: "Dennis Luther" <DennisLuther@PrimHall.com>,
Subject: Re: Carb Swap Success
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:26:53 -0500
Here's a politically incorrect suggestion, prompted
by your question:
>       Here's a question:  Are there any good
> reasons for not running the crank case breather
> line tee-d into the carb ports?  I think the
> carb port is located between the carb slide and
> throttle plate.  I've seen other cars with
> these plugged.

Dennis, just plug off the line(s) on the manifold,
etc., and vent the crankcase fumes via a hose,
down under the car somewhere.  The crankcase does
need to be ventilated but you don't want that
oil vapor in your intake mixture.  Oil vapor
effectively LOWERS the effective octane value of
your fuel promoting preignition, knock and run-on.

Rick (...with Nomex on