Re: Dead 1974 MGB - Quiz

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>, <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Dead 1974 MGB - Quiz
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:47:11 US/Mountain
> > So, I disconnected the linkages connecting the
> > two carbs, and drove home on one carb - worked just fine.  Didn't climb
> > hills quite as well, or accelerate as hard, but I could still outrun my
> > friend in his triumph (which was leaking oil badly -especially at high
> > rpm, and he wouldn't take it over 3000rpm), and it still would go
freeway
> > speeds.
>
> Phil that is a little unfair, you should at least tell the MG list that
your
> friend was driving a Triumph Herald!  ;-)
>
> Kai

I don't think I was unfair.  My friend was driving a triumph TR6 - NOT A
HERALD.  I stated that he wouldn't take it over 3000rpm, and I'm sure
that's why I could easily out run him in my MGA with one carb (oh, and to
be even more fair - it is an MGA with a 3 main MGB motor in it).
Generally TR6's are a little quicker than me.

Phil