Re: MGB Parts - Yours or to the Dump

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, larryrex@awesomenet.net
Subject: Re: MGB Parts - Yours or to the Dump
From: twobees@sprynet.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:53:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hey, guys!

Sorry I missed noting location.  As you see, it was after 11 PM when I wrote
this last night and the old brain doesn't always work that well at that late
hour.

Bob is right.  I'll be using the snow-covered roads in Fairfield to practice my
over-steer recovery techniques.  And, to practice driving the MGB on the ragged
edge so I can maybe finish better than 9th (as in 2003) in the Collier Cup race
at Watkins Glen in September.  Really need to push it harder in the corners.

Which brings up the question - Are you coming to the 50th Anniversary Collier
Cup Race on Sept. 11 & 12?  There will be so many MG's racing that MGVR has
already broken it into 2 races.  Early MG's on Saturday, late MG's on Sunday.
Seventy five of us have already said we'll be racing there.  Looks like it
could reach 120.

Stop by & say hello.  My MGB is the Mineral Blue one (with OE White factory
h.t.) with lots of chips & dings from driving it on the street every day.

Norm