gaset sealant

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: gaset sealant
From: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:37:53 -0600
With all the talk about engine block color, I thought this might be an
opportune time to ask my question.  I am repainting my block, accessories,
covers and plates (removing transmission & back plate, also).  On which
components would you recommend the use of a sealant in addition to the
gaskets or seals and what type of sealant should be used and where?  I am
striving for no leaks!

I am restoring a 74 chrome bumper.

Many thanks,  Jason Spaeth - warming up in Minnesota (30 degrees below
zero!)