Re: Buy off e-bay? (shipping time & Paypal)

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? (shipping time & Paypal)
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:58:33 -0600
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 07:48 AM 2/4/04 -0600, Paul Root wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble with a vendor on ebay currently.
>> .... he accepted Paypal, .... He replied immediately with the address.
>>
>> I paid right then. ....
>> Saturday, I sent mail again .... got .... reply, ....:
>>
>> .... the order was shipped. ....

>> I reply to that asking when it was shipped and did he use USPS?
>>
>> .... got this response:
>>
>> .... The order shipped last week VIA USPS. ....

>> So he has stated that it was shipped via the Post Office at least one
>> week ago. Yet, I haven't seen it.
>

> I can't comment on this particular party's shipping habits, but here's a
> general comment about Paypal.
>
> It is my understanding that Paypal soaks up about four working days
> waiting for the electronic payment to clear, similar to clearing a
> personal check, before they release the money to the recipient.  That
> being the case, perhaps a buyer using Paypal to submit payment should
> allow 4 or 5 working days before they expect shipment to commence.
>
> Just a thought.

Ok, that's valid. So I paid on the 22nd, in the evening. Let's call that
the 23rd. Add 4-5 days, not including the weekend. That's the 29th,
maybe 30th, worst case last Friday. Coming from Eau Claire, 90 miles
away. It should be here.

Also, remember, he said on Sunday that he replied to my email of the
28th and said that it had shipped. It should have been here Saturday.

Except for the cold, I could have walked to Eau Claire and back since
last Thursday.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \