Bearing Sizes and Torque Specs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bearing Sizes and Torque Specs
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:10:41 EST
I am in the process of rebuilding the engine on my 1977 MGB. When I installed
the main bearings in the engine I noticed the the rear main bearing oil holes
do not match up perfectly with the holes in the bearing. The notches in the
bearing fit perfectly so I know it is installed correctly. The other bearings
match exactly. I think there is ample room for oil to flow but I am curious if
anyone else has seen this problem. The front bearing also is about 1/16 inch
wider than the bearing cap. Is this normal? I am also wondering why the
difference in torque specs for the interior bearings vs the two end bearings.
Dave