Re: Removing Pine Sap

To: "Scott Regel" <Scott.Regel@dpra.com>,
Subject: Re: Removing Pine Sap
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:10:11 -0000
I 'inherited' my son's Celica when he upgraded (well, it was a BMW but you
know what I mean) which he had street parked for several years.  It was
covered in thousands of very tiny clear raised spots which no solvent I had
including WD40, Plus Gas (penetrating fluid), white spirit, petrol, meths,
cutting paste, bug wipe tissues etc. would touch.  The only thing that did
was 1000 grit wet and dry, but I didn't fancy doing the whole car in that!
In the end I found another kind of 'abrasive' in my local parts store
(Halfords) which was clay-based and was like a harder than normal
Plasticine.  This took the lot off without that much effort and left the
surface in perfect condition, and although you could see the 'dirt' from the
sap (or whatever) in the clay and had to keep turning it to a clean surface,
it removed no paint.  Two years since then and it has been fine.

PaulH.