Re: What I don't know about carbs.-long, sorry

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What I don't know about carbs.-long, sorry
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:59:10 -0800 (PST)
--- BarrMark262@aol.com wrote:
> have 4 bad carbs. Do you
> need the carb/dist vac advance line connected? Do
> some or all of the emission
> lines need connecting? Does the accelerator cable as
> well as the choke cable
> need connecting?

Dennis,
Yes, you DO need to either connect or plug the
carb/dist vacuum line and all the emission lines. You
need to make sure there are no possible places where
extra air can get into the manifold side of the carbs.

Is the intake manifold securely clamped to the
cylinder head?

You don't really need to connect the accelerator
cable, the idle speed can be controlled by the choke.

James
74 MGB