Pine wood derby MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pine wood derby MG
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:18:23 -0600
Hi all,
        Our Pack has finished pinewood derby for the year.
My oldest wanted to go on to district, since it had 8 trophies
instead of just 5 for the Pack. He got 6th place. I told him we
didn't have time to go, and that district would have hundreds
of boys, instead of the 18 that participated in the Pack. He
backed off.

        Anyway, for next year. I'd like to make something a bit
more original. Panicing the week before and saying "Ok, what do
you want your car to look like? As long as it's a door stop wedge,
you can have it in any color." :-) I'm thinking, let's make it a
TC-D-F like. It's got the wheels outside already, just need to make
some fenders and headlight things.

        Anybody done anything like this? Got any ideas, for fenders
etc? I think I might mix new with old and paint the slanted green logo
across the bonnet.

        It's fresh in my mind now. I bet I don't do anything until at
least November. After all in the spring and summer, I've got the real
thing to work on. :-)

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root