RE: MGB Over Drive Removal Help

To: <Jethogger@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Over Drive Removal Help
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:05:05 -0500
John,

Having done the job a couple of times, I decided to think ahead for
once.  You can drill two 1/2 inch holes through the transmission cross
brace in line with the bottom two angled fasteners.  That way you can
just send an extension and socket right where you need it.  It will save
about three quarters of an hour and 1/32 of skin off your knuckles.
Unfortunately, I never did figure out an easy way to do the job without
this modification.  I probably spent more time staring at it than just
doing the unavoidable - that is, tuning the barely accessible bolts
about a flat at a time with a small wrench.

Dean