Re: 4 threaded holes in block-what are they for?

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>, BarrMark262@aol.com,
Subject: Re: 4 threaded holes in block-what are they for?
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:04:33 -0800 (PST)
--- Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com> wrote:
> these ports should be plugged.  Any 7/16-20
> screw can be used as a  plug.  Short hex head
> bolts can work.  Socket head set screws long
> enough to fit flush will look better.

This is correct, but be a shade careful when you do
this.  Cranking the plugs down too deep into those
holes can crack or otherwise damage the valve seat.
None of my local hardware stores had short enough
bolts, so I had to get longer ones and cut them down.

But just make sure they are not too long, and wrap the
threads in some type of plumbers tape.  That will keep
them 100% air tight.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005