Engine Miss

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Miss
From: "H. W. \"Sandy\" McCullough" <hwmccullough@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:17:06 -0500
Hey, Listers,

I"m a re-tread to the list, but have recently developed a problem with my
'72 B.  It has a miss on one cylinder at lower RPM's that seems to smooth
out above 2500.  I have checked the plugs, and they all are a nice tan color
on the electrode.  Timing seems to be right, and a couple of months ago, the
SU's were synced and adjusted.  Also, points, and plug wires are less than a
year old, and the distributor cap appears to be fine inside and out.  The
only telltale sound other than the miss is a bit of excessive tappet noise.

Ideas?

Thanks, gang,

H. W. "Sandy" McCullough
72 B