Re: Keys

To: "Paul Hunt T" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Keys
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:19:47 -0500
> If the *locks* are crap then you will have to get new locks.

Paul is right on the mark here.  The question I
would ask is, "What is the purpose of the lock?"
Most locks just keep honest people out.  If the
door locks are not damaged, just have a key made
from your worn key and test it.  You can flush
the crud out of old locks with brake cleaner or
TV tuner cleaner (Radio Shack).  Don't oil them
as the oil just holds dirt and turns into mud,
then clay then rock.

If the issue is really securing the car, then one
must question the convertible top.  These cars
are not secure.  I lock my cars when I leave them
in the driveway or at the mall but that is just
to keep the kids from stealing (or damaging) the
shift knob.  It seems that in Tulsa, he who has
the biggest shift knob collection also has the
largest male anatomy.  :-\

rick