Re: Replacing the heater core

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing the heater core
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:15:21 -0700
Actually I did manage to get the core out without removing the heater box
once. But I wouldn't recommend it if you value your heater box as I was
lucky I didn't bend the cover in the process. I was much younger and
careless then as it was over twenty years ago. The problem was the heater
was only generating cold air. I pulled the front back far enough to pull
out the heater core. I got some of the radiator cleaner stuff from an
automotive store and pored that in the heater core but it didn't seem to do
much. That is when I put the core on the stove and applied some gas heat
with the cleaner still in it - that cleaned it right out and I have been
using the heater core ever since then - its now in my 72B from my former 71
BGT.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B