Re: Update on Engine Miss

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update on Engine Miss
From: "H. W. \"Sandy\" McCullough" <hwmccullough@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:03:19 -0500
Hey Gang,

Thanks to all for the help on the engine miss.  Here's where it stands
today.  I continued my diagnostics with a timing light.  There is no
cylinder that has a constant miss.  All are firing fairly well.  However,
when I examined the inside of the distributor cap I noticed something I've
not seen before.  It appears that the rotor has struck some of the contacts
on the inside hard enough to score them rather severly.  Could this mean my
distributor is worn and needs replacing?

Your opinions, please, my learned experts.

(grin)

Thanks as always,

H. W. "Sandy" McCullough
72 B