Re: Circle track MGB-GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Circle track MGB-GT
From: "Alan J. Claffie" <aclaffie@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 05:50:00 -0800 (PST)
--- Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com> wrote:
> No dissing from me.  Hard to say from the description and pics if
> it's worth anything as a complete vehicle, but certainly there's
> $200 worth of parts there.

I'm not dissing this circle-tracker either. Back a number of years ago
when I first went to a paved quarter-mile oval that ran a Mini Stock
division, I, as a fledgling MGB roadster owner, thought it would be
neat to dare to be different and run a BGT among the usual assortment
of Pintos and Mustangs. But with no welding skills or knowledge, and
probably more importantly no money to go racing with, that project died
a quick and quiet death.

FWIW at the time, the dominating cars at the track in that class at
that time was (were?) a pair of BMW 2002s - they were so good that they
eventually got legislated right out of existence.

--
Claff
71 MGB