Re: seats for a 67B

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: seats for a 67B
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:19:11 -0600
MonteMorris wrote:
> Whew, I'm getting exhausted from all this (abnormal) posting:-).

What's this, your fourth of the morning?

> For safety, I want to upgrade the non-headrest seats in the 67B to ones with
> headrests. The seats that are in the car are black leather with white piping
> and are in excellent condition, but I want the headrests.
> Does anyone have a set of seats (in black vinyl or leather) that will fit
> and they'd want to part with?
> If I recall, another option would be to fit Miata seats. What year Miata
> would fit? If I use Miata seats, could I still use the upgraded lap/shoulder
> seatbelt kits that are sold in Moss for MGs?

I got leather Miata seats with speakers last year and put them in my
'77. They are not hard to fit. Just a couple of simple pieces of metal
to line up the holes. They came out of the early Miata's. Pre-'95. Mine
was a '91. Seat belts are unaffected. Look on http://horton.iaces.com/mg
for what I did.