Re: Australian F1 Grand Prix

To: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: Australian F1 Grand Prix
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:35:15 +1030
Rick Lindsay wrote:

>    We had a GREAT time!!!

You represented your country well, Rick - we will have you back any time
(pity I didn't drive up in the 'B... at least you would have been able
to have SOME MG experience here!

I wonder what it was like back at your hotel after the race.  You were
right in the middle of Ferrari territory so it would have been hard to
get any sleep that night.

>    And yes, Eric is a wild man.
>

> Who else would give a guy a bottle of orange juice in lieu of a beer?!

There goes the reputation (maybe yours AND mine :-)

Hey, he really WANTED that orange juice, there were plenty of beers
around (and I mean PLENTY).

> The Aussies are the most easy going, friendly, sport-crazy people on Earth.

Yeah, but remember, you were hanging out with a lot of fire marshalls,
too - remember :-)  We all try to have as much fun as possible after
standing around at a race track all day.  All of the guys who do this
work are consummate professionals all day (and "mad as cut snakes" at
night).  A great crew to work with and very easy to fit in with (even if
you talk funny :-)

Now, someone invite me over to work on a big race in America so I can
compare (I think race people would be the same world-wide).

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII