Re: seat kits

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat kits
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:48:04 EST
Those seat backs are icky.  I've recovered 6 sets of MGB seats... its
ritardedly easy... but often the seams on the side of the seat do not line up
with
the shape of the foam.  Most "restored" MGBs just have the seat covers thrown
over the new foam and nothing lines up.  If you are picky as hell like I am,
especially when I'm doing the seat covers for money, you really need to cut up
the foam seat back a bit.  At a minimum you are going to have to cut off the
hard edges of this foam.   The shape of the foam and the shape of the seat
cover
just don't match right out of the box.

  John