Starters etc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starters etc.
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:11:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
RE: High torque starter:

Both ears were slotted on this one, but I would have had to grind down a
bolt to get it on the tab - and then fiddle with turning the bolt on
flat at a time with a wrench.  I can't see the reason for aligning it in
a way that obstructs the lower tab in any case.  With the unit turned a
few degrees, there is easy straight on access to the lower mounting bolt
with a socket.  I wonder if I may have a problem with the starter
bumping the body?  If so, I'll have to eat my words and re-align it back
to the way it came.  Will advise.

This issue came up on the MGBBS and it reminded me I promised a