Re: MGB cylinder head question

To: Bill Miller <millerb@intergate.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB cylinder head question
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 23:37:15 -0500
Bill Miller wrote:

>I'll be the first to admit I know little about the MGB engine...
>
>I want to replace the head on my desmogged (air rail ports are plugged) 1977
>'B with one that hasn't been "shaved" quite so aggressively.
>Will all MGB 1800 heads interchange?  Which is there a better year head to
>look for?   I understand I can find another 77 and plug the holes, but if an
>earlier head without the plugs will work, I would prefer it.

It might be cheaper to have the chambers in the head opened up. That also
"deshrouds" the valves just that much more. Any really good shop will know how
to do this and it should be well less than $200.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us