commission no. plate

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: commission no. plate
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:48:52 -0600
For so many years, I drove rusted out MG Bs and BGTs. Maybe once every few
years, I'd run a screwdriver through the holes in my rocker panels to
remove a few pounds of rust and sand particles that had accumulated. And
there was seldom a need to wash my cars - I'd just make the rust look
worse. Now I'm older and not as poor. I've upgraded to better looking and
less rusty MGs. I even went so far as to almost completely restore my 72B
from body shell up. That means I have to wash it and fret over the small
water stains that glisten on the shiny black tulip finish.

As the restoration nears completion, I work on cosmetics. This weekend, I
removed the commission number plate which had been painted over at least
twice with green and black tulip (the car originally being orange, better
known as "blaze red"). My paint remover effectively removed the paint,
literally all of it, off the plate. I have a shiny plate but the numbers
are now readable. But that let me know that I would need to order another
plate, readily available and cheap from Moss. So the question is where do I
get the numbers pressed in to the plate? I remember some place was
mentioned on this list not too long ago. So I just need contact information
at minimum (USA if possible) although I have other questions on quality of
work, duplication of the type sort of stuff.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B