Re: restarting car after a winter nap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: restarting car after a winter nap
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:23:24 -0600
I don't think five months lapse will be a big deal (granted, my personal
longest idle time may have been 2 or 3 months). You may want to just turn
it over for maybe 30 seconds or so (detach coil wire?) to get oil primed
and flowing in the engine. There will be some degradation of the fuel
quality so it may be a bit slow to start after that. But I'd suggest
starting it, letting it warm up. Then change the oil and top up the tank
with some fresh fuel to give the petrol some more volatiles in its mix.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B