Headlight switch help...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight switch help...
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
Gak, I screwed up.  I pulled my headlight switch out
of my 1971 MGB tourer to check something, and now I
have NO idea which wires went where.  I was playing
around with it, I keep getting my combinations screwed
up.  I can get the headlights to work, or the running
lights, or the taillights, but not everything at the
same time.  Things seem to work even when hooked up to
different poles...

Worse, although I am not intimidated by rebuilding an
engine, even the simplest wiring task completely
baffles me.  I am an electrical idiot.  The wiring
diagram looks like an alien cookbook to me.

There are four wires and four poles:

Two of the poles are stacked on top of each other
(closest to the driver's door), and they come off the
switch in a "Y" shape.  The other two poles are also
stacked on top of each other, but are closest to the
passenger's door.

Two of the wires are light blue (one with a red
connector and the other with a light blue connector),
one is brown, and one is green/red.

If anyone can help me figure out which goes where, I'd
be forever grateful.

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I am totally clueless.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit