Re: Fuel delivery problem - SOLVED

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel delivery problem - SOLVED
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:14:53 +0100
Glad to hear the problem is solved, but in case anyone is concerned about
pump capacity for an uprated engine bear in mind that the identical pump was
used for the factory V8.  It should be capable of delivering at least one
Imperial pint per minute measured at the carbs which is more than enough!
Of course a bad pump could well be causing low output as well as constricted
lines or an electrical problem, but there is no need to go to a higher
capacity pump.  And if you go to a higher *pressure* pump you will probably
get flooding problems due to the float valves being forced open and have to
fit a pressure regulator.

PaulH.