LSD and rear disc brakes

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LSD and rear disc brakes
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 02:15:15 +1030
Wow it seems like ages ago I promised some people a description of the
Limited Slip Diff and rear brakes I put on my slowly developing
competition car.

Here we go:

Aussie BORG WARNER Limited Slip Diff
3.7 ratio
28 spline (for bloody great axles - look twice the thickness as 'B axles)

Nissan rear disc brakes
with Bendix METAL KING pads

The jury is still out on the rear discs but as I said, they came with
the rear axle that came with the diff... so I put them all on!  I am
still trying to fiddle with decent tyres and with the plumbing to get
the correct amount of braking bias between front and rear and may still
yet go for a manual brake-bias adjuster (but I hate to think I would
have something like that to fiddle with in the cabin).  OR, I could get
rid of the rear discs so I am not shoved up into an unwinnable
competition class grrrr!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII