Re: Crank Problem

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank Problem
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:30:34 -0700
I believe that is just the natural point of greatest resistance -- where the
paired pistons change direction from "up" to "down" as you turn the crank,
and your leverage at the pulley is the weakest. It may also have to do with
increased valve spring resistance at that point of the cycle (with valves
open). I would say it is nothing to worry about.

You will notice the same thing on a functional engine, in the car, when hand
cranking to adjust the valves, with sparkplugs removed.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149