RE: Brake MC Rebuild

To: "'Pat Madden'" <pemadden@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake MC Rebuild
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:03:38 -0500
Most likely your leak isn't in the main bore. The seals in the pressure
failure bore are prone to failure. The seals are sometimes included in a
full rebuild kit, but the piston in that small bore can be a real bear to
get out. It's also difficult to hone or otherwise clean up due to the small
diameter.

If you're lucky, you can get the piston out, clean up the bore, and get the
new seals to actually seal.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer