Re: Fuse Rating

To: "S Allen" <scottinthestans@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuse Rating
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:56:26 +0100
The brown with the in-line sounds like a PO jobbie, if it *does* feed the
radio 'keep-alive' circuit then it will only need a minimally rated fuse.
Everywhere else on the MGB bar one circuit on some years the fuse rating is
designed to protect the wiring and not the component(s) on the end of it
which is why they are all 17 amp rated 35 amp fusing.  Electronic circuits
like a radio keep-alive tend to be fused to protect the electronics rather
than the wiring, hence the minimal rating.

PaulH.