72B No title no comm.plate. Advise please

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72B No title no comm.plate. Advise please
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:41:22 EDT
Hi List: I have located a pretty nice 72B with no rust. Needs some
restoration, but certainly doable(?).
Negative is, do to the p.o. skipping town on the man that is selling
it,(before papers were sent) there are no id tags or paper work. The car  was
in for
painting when sold, so all tags were removed. A bill of sale is with  the cars
present owner, and of course he will give me one.
I know I could probably "make a tag", but I don't feel that this is  p[roper,
even on an old car like this.
I am concerned that I could end up with a salvage title only. I am going to
DMV tomorrow and discuss it with them.
Do any of you have any thoughts about this?
Thanks
Dennis Barr
Medford, Oregon
1974CBB just finished