Re: Plugged Gas tank

To: "Allan R. Hovis" <hovisa@mindspring.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Plugged Gas tank
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:00:03 +0100
20psi of back pressure looks like a pretty good clog to me!  Although if you
are using enough volume even an open drain pipe could exhibit that.  And
because you are pumping air *in* the *outlet* if it hasn't cleared any gunge
stuck on the outside of the pickup strainer by now it is unlikely to do so.
It could be gunge in the pipe, which isn't going to get blown out through
the strainer, but may get sucked out if you apply a big enough suction to
the outlet and a damn-sight more than any fuel pump can do.  But the blowing
of air in the outlet may have pushed it further down the pipe.

PaulH.