Re: Hot weather overheating/ expansion tank

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot weather overheating/ expansion tank
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:38:17 -0700
Most auto parts stores will have some kind of generic overflow bottle with
bracket. Mine is rigged with the hose from the radiator overflow nipple
going to the bottom of the tank, and an overflow hose from the top of the
tank leading down under the frame. This never actually digorges coolant, but
it's needed for air pressure equalization.

Other designs are sealed, without this second hose. I'm not sure whether
either design is superior in use.

It returns coolant to the radiator as it cools.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149