Re: White-Pink wire meltdown? follow-up

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: White-Pink wire meltdown? follow-up
From: "Steve Gorr" <sgorr2@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 09:36:45 -0500
Okay, so I found that the Ballast wire had melted down it's entire length
fusing to the green/white going to the coil. Most likely cause was initially
a short to ground at the starter solenoid then involving a short to ground
in the green/white return line. Tested it by disconnecting the starter wire
and a temporary jumper from the whites and she fired up eagerly. Coil seemed
rather hot after 10 min of running. The next day I got a 12 v universal
Accel coil at Pep Boys and installed it bypassing both the starter lead and
the melted ballast wire. Seems to run great, but I noticed the coil feels
almost as hot as the original one did. Am I headed towards a coil failure?
Do I need to wire this differently?